Zodiac Constellation Pepakura Project - Pisces
I began my work on the Zodiac constellation of Pisces after Virgo and Libra. According to one version of Greek mythology, “this constellation represents a fish which Aphrodite and her son Eros transformed in order to escape the monstrous Typhoon. The two fishes are often depicted tied together with a cord to make sure they do not lose one another.” During the design process, I modeled Pisces after a coelacanth, an ancient fish, and re-topologized the high-poly model as a low-poly wall relief. I also made a connection between the two fishes and painted each fish two different colors to represent the bond between the fishes. I integrated a waffle structure underneath the wall relief for support, as well as to lessen the warping caused by gravity.
Concept art:
Builds on details:

Framing:
Epoxy:
Coloring:
Finishing:
Concept art:
Builds on details:
Framing:
Epoxy:
Coloring:
Finishing:
Comments
Post a Comment